Skittles Infused Vodka

Heidi

My sister found a recipe for Skittles infused vodka, and wants me to make it for her birthday present. This recipe sounds interesting, so I thought I would share it. I do not drink vodka, so if you try it out, let me know what it tastes like. This recipe calls for seperating each color of Skittles, for seperate infusions. Here is the basic formula, in case you want a bigger batch: 60 Skittles to 6 ounces of vodka, which yields about 8 ounces of infused vodka.

■One 1.75 liter bottle of vodka (I plan on getting some nice vodka, nobody wants the cheap stuff)
■Five 8.5 ounce flasks or bottles
■One 1 pound bag of Skittles
■Five empty plastic water bottles
■A funnel
■Bowls for separating the Skittles into flavors
■A measuring cup
■Coffee filters or paper towels

Directions

1. Seperate each Skittles color in a bowl. You need 60 of each color.
2. Fill your water bottles with 6 ounces of vodka each. It doesn’t need to be exact – you can always even it out later by pouring in a bit more vodka to the ones that come out with less.
3. Pour the Skittles of one flavor into one infusion bottle, then pour the next flavor of Skittles into the next infusion bottle, and so on until all five bottles have a pile of Skittles soaking in the vodka.
4. Now your infusion bottles all have Skittles in the bottom. Give each bottle a good shake – the more, the better. Once they’re all dissolved, you’ll notice a lot of white muck floating at the top
5. Put a funnel inside a measuring cup and put four coffee filters inside funnel. Start the straining proccess, repeating with each infusion.
6. When straining procees is finished, your ready to pour each concotion into the flasks.
7. Chill each flask, and your ready to serve.

clarkdart

That seems pretty interesting and who doesn't love Skittles? I wonder though how much do you actually taste of it? I know I have a sweet tooth but the spouse doesn't so anything "too sweet" wouldn't work for us.

Jackson

This does sound interesting, and I usually don't even like fruity tasting drinks. I would make this for my lady and her friends, though. Thanks for sharing!

Jason

Charlie Mops wannabe
Staff member
It tastes great. Mix the orange in with slush orange soda, or was it crush. It was an orange soda though. It is undetectable.

Getting the sugar that floats on the top out is hard though. Took a few times filtering.

That sounds horrible! Who would ruin a good vodka with candy? I don't think I would like it at all, sorry. Some people may love it, but I don't think I would like it. But to each his own, I always say!

wild

I'm with you HWOS but since there are so many infused vodkas out there, making one out cheap vodka from home can help with the budget.

One that seems to be popular and easier is the Jolly Rancher infused vodkas. They dissolve completely so there is no sediment to filter out.

Heidi

Yea, I am dreading the whole filtering process, maybe I can talk her into the Jolly Rancer one instead. My sister is addicted to Skittles, though, so I am not sure if I could convince her.

Clara

This sounds like something college kids would do. I love vodka too and wouldn't have thought to do this, but I'd try it with a cheap bottle, nothing too fancy.

brewmister

That does sound tasty. I have had the Jolly Rancher style vodka concoctions before and it was quite good. I would probably stick to that to get the same flavor profiles as the Skittles, but much easier.

nancybrew

I'd love to try this. I love Skittles. I hope the vodka won't be too sweet though. I'd like to experiment with different variants, especially Skittles Sour. I wonder how the vodka would taste with the Wild Berry variant. Does the candy dissolve completely, or would there be some gummy residue?

LilyCali

I don't think this would be for me. I'm not much on the infused vodkas. I would rather use the vodka as is before I would drink the infused stuff. I'll stick with my Vodka Tonic thanks. Those of you who like it though-carry on!

Jason

Charlie Mops wannabe
Staff member
I'd love to try this. I love Skittles. I hope the vodka won't be too sweet though. I'd like to experiment with different variants, especially Skittles Sour. I wonder how the vodka would taste with the Wild Berry variant. Does the candy dissolve completely, or would there be some gummy residue?
When I done it, it leaves some sugar which you have to strain out. Coffee filters will work ok.

Vanille

Skittles seems to be a favorite among a lot of people, and I'm one of them. I have vodka once in a while, and I don't think it would hurt to see what candy can do to my vodka. :) This Skittle Infused Vodka looks fun to do.

This sounds like a neat treat but also a lot of work. I wonder if either the Skittles flavor or the vodka is strong enough to cancel the other out?