Looking for a recipe for Raspberry Vodka

Pat

I just read the recipe for Skittles infused Vodka and was wondering if anyone has a recipe for Raspberry Vodka.

rayne

I am having some difficulty wrapping my mind around raspberry vodka. Somehow the two just don't mix for me. I would, however, entertain raspberries as a garnish or maybe frozen in ice cubes and then added to the drink. That would be pretty too.

angeson

Defender of the swill
I take a bit of vodka and pour it into tupperware bowls of strawberrys and of kiwis then freeze them for specialty of the house coctails.

Pat

The specialty of the house cocktails sound good. The Raspberry Vodka does not have the berries in it just the flavor. I like to drink it on the rocks.

BrewersDelight

Skittles infused vodka is extremely easy. You just get a big bag of Skittles, separate the colors, and drop them into individual water bottle sized bottles of vodka. Wait 3-4 days and the Skittles will be dissolved and you'll have a highly potent, but very delicious drink.

I would assume you could also find some type of hard raspberry candy as well and start the same process. I haven't personally done this but I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it turns out in a few days.

Jessi

Just take half a pint of raspberries, about 3/4 cup of sugar, and a bottle of vodka (750 mL). Combine them, store in a cabinet, and pull it back out when you're ready to drink. The longer you leave it, the stronger it'll taste, of course. Pour it through a sieve when you're ready to use it to get any extra sugar and berries out so it's a smooth drink.

Apetito

I have yet to create my won raspberry vodka but if you're looking for a recipe, you might want to check this one out. I got it from canadianliving.com. It seems pretty easy to make.

Ingredients
2 cups (500 mL) raspberries
1 bottle (750 mL) vodka
Preparation
In sterilized wide-mouthed 4-cup (1 L) jar with tight-fitting lid, mash raspberries with spoon.
Add vodka. Seal and let stand in cool dark place for ar least 5 days or for up to 3 months, shaking jar periodically.
Strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve, gently pressing berries to release liquid; discard solids.
Pour into a bottle.