Flavored vodka 101

Ubur3

Seriously - I've never tried either but I'm going to now. Who would have thought to use candy when flavoring vodka. I've never made it before either so it will be new to me. Wish me luck!

Is making your own flavored vodka complicated? It sounds complicated (but like it would be a fun Friday night activity for sure!). Some of the flavors the site suggested sound yummy.

Jessi

Brewing - I don't think it's that complicated at all actually.

Wild - Jolly Ranchers are a great idea. I've only ever really seen Skittles suggested, but I think Jolly Ranchers would work better.

wild

With the Jolly Ranchers, there's no filtering because they dissolve completely. Do a search on the net for instructions or youtubes. The hardest part would be collecting bottles.

AfterTaste

I haven't tried flavoring vodka, but I guess I will give it a try. Who knows, I might like the outcome! :) I might start with Jolly Ranchers and Skittles since it seems like these two have already been tested.

Jessi

With the Jolly Ranchers, there's no filtering because they dissolve completely.
Ooo, good point. With Skittles, don't they get that grainy sugary silt at the bottom and have to be filtered? I wonder why I haven't seen people do it with Jolly Ranchers before instead then.